Quick ‘n Easy Kung Pao
Your choice of protein plus Old Havana Foods Sofrito and hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 3 teaspoons Vegetable oil we prefer peanut oil
- 2 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1 medium Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound your favorite protein chicken, shrimp, beef, pork or tofu
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix Old Havana Foods Sofrito – Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce, hoisin sauce, water and crushed red pepper if using, until well combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to preheated skillet and swirl to coat. Sauté zucchini over medium-high heat until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove zucchini from pan and set aside. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and red peppers sautéing 5 minutes and then setting aside. Repeat with remaining oil and protein sautéing approximately 5 to 7 minutes or until raw meat is cooked through.
- Return sauteed zucchini and peppers to pan and combine with the cooked protein. Reduce heat to medium. Add sofrito-hoisin mixture and toss thoroughly to coat all pieces. Heat through until bubbly.
- Top with peanuts if using. Serve over cooked rice. Enjoy!