Mediterranean Seafood Pasta
Tender seafood with Old Havana Foods Sofrito Cooking Sauce and pasta
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce
- 15 ounces Petite diced tomatoes or 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 packets Trader Joe's Reduced Sodium Vegetable stock concentrate or 1 bouillon cube
- 14 Kalamata or oil cured olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 pound Seafood blend (shrimp, scallops, squid) or any combination
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces Thin egg noodles
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile heat Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce and tomatoes in a medium saucepan. Add vegetable stock concentrate from packets (do not add water), olives, fennel seeds, seafood blend and red pepper to saucepan. Stir to combine and bring to a low simmer over medium heat. Heat through until fish is cooked approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- While seafood is cooking add noodles to pot of boiling water and cook until just barely al dente (several minutes less than package directions).
- Drain pasta, (retaining 1 cup of cooking water). Add pasta to fish mixture stirring well to coat. Continue cooking mixture to allow liquids to be absorbed by noodles. Add reserved pasta water if needed to thin consistency of sauce.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each serving.