Grilled Coconut Lime Chicken
Creamy coconut milk and tart Old Havana Foods Mojo Citrus Garlic Marinade combine for a delicious twist.
- 1/2 cup Old Havana Foods Mojo – Citrus Garlic Marinade
- 3/4 cup Full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds Chicken pieces (boneless, skinless chicken thighs are best)
- Salt and pepper
- Mix Old Havana Foods Mojo Citrus Garlic Marinade, coconut milk, sugar, ginger and red pepper (if using) in a glass or stainless steel bowl or plastic bag. Mix well to combine.
- Place chicken in marinade and toss well to coat. Marinate as few as 30 minutes for small pieces or overnight for larger pieces.
- Remove chicken from marinade wiping as much marinade off of chicken and reserving. Place reserved marinade in small saucepan and cook over low heat until simmering, stir and simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile grill chicken until thoroughly cooked and no pink juices flow when pierced, approximately 150°F for breast meat, 175 to 180°F for legs and thighs. Allow chicken to rest at least 5 minutes before serving to retain juices.
- OPTIONAL – brush on Old Havana Foods Mango Pineapple BBQ Sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve with additional sauce for dipping.
Serve with cooked marinade and fully cooked white rice or use cauliflower “rice” for a low-carb (Keto friendly) version. Approximately 1/6 of the recipe contains: 305 calories, 14 g fat, 38 g protein, 7 g carbs. Nutrition was calculated using Living Cookbook V 1.5, and USDA nutrition data for 2.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, raw. Feel free to make your own calculations.