Ropa Vieja (Cuban Shredded Beef)
Slow cooked, savory shredded beef with tomato, garlic and onion sauce
- 3 pounds Beef brisket, short ribs or skirt steak, cut into 3 inch chunks
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Place beef and Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce in slow cooker bag. Mix to coat.
- Close bag with twist tie. Cook on low setting until very tender, about:– 10 to 12 hours for beef brisket – 7 to 8 hours for short ribs and skirt steak
- Spoon fat off liquid and discard. Shred meat and toss with sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Eaten with cauliflower “rice” this could fit into a low-carb (Keto friendly) diet. Approximately 1/6 of the recipe contains: 600 calories, 38 g fat, 42 g protein, 8g carbs. Nutrition was calculated using Living Cookbook V 1.5, and USDA nutrition data for beef brisket, trimmed to 1/8″ fat, raw. Feel free to make your own calculations.