Seafood Ceviche with Avocado
Tart and refreshing this seafood ceviche satisfies on a hot summer day!
Servings: 4 to 6 people
- ¼ cup Old Havana Foods Mojo – Citrus Garlic Marinade
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Minced red or yellow onoin
- 1 pound Cooked seafood, cut into bite-size pieces shrimp, scallops, calamari or firm white fish
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium Avocado
- In medium bowl combine Old Havana Foods Mojo Citrus Garlic Marinade, tomato paste and olive oil. Add , hot sauce and cilantro if using, mix well. Add onoin and seafood and mix well to coat. Season with salt and pepper and more Mojo Marinade of desired. Stir to combine. Refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving chop avocado into ½” dice. Add to seafood mixture, combine gently so as not to smash avocado pieces.
Serve with tortilla or pita chips or as traditionally done in Latina America – with saltines!