Black Bean Soup (Sopa de Frijoles Negros)
- For a creamy soup blend contents of Old Havana Foods Sofrito with the entire contents of two cans of Old Havana Foods Lightly Seasoned Black Beans (do not drain) in a blender or food processor or using a stick blender. Process until smooth. Place in saucepan. For a chunky soup combine all ingredients in saucepan but do not blend.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through, and bubbly stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream, minced onions and peppers, chopped cilantro and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Great in a bowl or served over white rice or with tortilla chips as a dip.
Eggs in Savory Sauce (a.k.a. Shakshuka)
Eggs nestled in a delicious sauce of tomatoes, onion and garlic
- Make a well in the seasoning mixture. Break egg into the well. Cover, cook 3 to 5 minutes until white is set and yolk cooked to desired doneness.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with tortillas, chips, pita, roti, naan or toasted bread.
Savory yellow rice made with Old Havana Foods Sofrito – Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Sofrito
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Raw white rice jasmine rice preferred