Black Bean Soup (Sopa de Frijoles Negros)
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Sofrito
- 2 – 15 ounce cans Old Havana Foods Lightly Seasoned Black Beans
- Sour cream optional topping/garnish
- Minced onions optional topping/garnish
- Diced jalapenos optional topping/garnish
- Cilantro optional topping/garnish
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil optional topping/garnish
- For a creamy soup blend contents of Old Havana Foods Sofrito with the entire contents of two cans of Old Havana Foods Lightly Seasoned Black Beans (do not drain) in a blender or food processor or using a stick blender. Process until smooth. Place in saucepan. For a chunky soup combine all ingredients in saucepan but do not blend.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through, and bubbly stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream, minced onions and peppers, chopped cilantro and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Great in a bowl or served over white rice or with tortilla chips as a dip.