Eggs in Savory Sauce (Huevos en Cazuela a.k.a. Shakshuka)
Eggs nestled in a delicious sauce of tomatoes, onion and garlic
- Per single egg portion you'd like to prepare:
- ½ cup Old Havana Foods Sofrito OR Chili Cubano OR Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 large Egg
- Mix sauce with ¼ cup water in a non-stick skillet. Warm over medium heat until just bubbling.
- Make a well in the seasoning mixture with the back of a large spoon. Break egg into the well. Cover, cook 3 to 5 minutes until white is set and yolk cooked to desired doneness.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with tortillas, chips, pita, roti, naan or toasted bread. Recipe can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled if made in a large nonstick skillet with lid.