Mojito Black Bean & Quinoa Salad
Cool and refreshing summer salad with quinoa and black beans for extra protein and fiber!
- ⅓ cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Old Havana Foods Mojo – Citrus Garlic Marinade
- 2 teaspoons Honey or your preferred sweetener
- ¼ cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup Minced scallions
- 1 cup Baby arugula leaves
- 1-15 ounce can Old Havana Foods Lightly Seasoned Black Beans drained but NOT rinsed
- ½ cup Diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Minced jalapeños
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan bring quinoa, water and salt to a low simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until tender and water is absorbed. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, Old Havana Foods Mojo Citrus Garlic Marinade, honey. cilantro, mint, and scallions. Whisk to combine.
- Add the arugula if using, drained Old Havana Foods Lightly Seasoned Black Beans, bell peppers and jalapeños. Toss well to coat with dressing. Add the cooled quinoa, toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.