Sweet & Zesty Pulled Pork
Pork shoulder and Old Havana Foods Chili Cubano, slow cooked to perfection.
- 4.5 to 5 pounds Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Chili Cubano
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Dark brown sugar
- Salt and Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F or turn slow cooker on to high setting. Cut pork shoulder into large chunks, approximately 2 x 4 in.
- Mix Old Havana Foods® Chili Cubano, vinegar, Worcestershire and brown sugar in large oven-able pot or slow cooker vessel and stir well to dissolve sugar. Add pork chunks and stir to thoroughly coat.
- In oven: place covered pot in oven and roast 4 to 5 hours until pork is tender. In slow cooker: cook on high setting 7 to 8 hours until pork is tender.
- Remove pan from oven or slow cooker. Remove pork from cooking liquid and place in a shallow pan. Allow to cool for several minutes.
- Using two forks pull pork apart into bite size chunks discarding any fat or bones. Spoon fat off liquid and discard. For a thicker sauce place liquids in a separate sauce pan and reduce over medium high heat to half it's original volume.
- Combine pulled pork with liquid and stir well to coat. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Serve on buns as a sandwich or as an entrée with sides of beans and cole slaw.
Old Havana Foods Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce could be used for a spicy version.