El Cubanito Cuban American Burger
A pork and beef patty seasoned with Old Havana Foods Sofrito (or Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce), topped with Swiss cheese, a dollop of garlic lime crema and a slather of raisin sofrito ketchup on French bread, give a tasty Cuban twist to this American classic.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound Ground beef minimum 85% lean
- 1 pound Ground pork
- ½ cup Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce
- OR Old Havana Foods Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce (for a slightly spicy kick)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 3 inch long pieces of French bread, cut in half or buns of your choice
- ¾ cup Raisin Sofrito Ketchup (click for recipe)
- 6 slices Tomato
- 6 leaves Lettuce
- 6 slices Red onion
- ½ cup Lime Garlic Crema (click for recipe)
- Pre-heat the grill.
- In a medium bowl combine the pork, beef, Old Havana Foods Sofrito Authentic Cuban Cooking Sauce (or Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce) and pepper. Lightly mix together until well combined.
- Form meat mixture into 6 (1/3 pound each) patties to match round or oval shape of rolls being used and set aside.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat until cooked through to desired doneness (155°F for medium well), about 5-6 minutes per side. If using cheese, place slice on burger patties and allow to melt.
- Spread bottom bun surface with 2 tablespoons Raisin Sofrito Ketchup, top with cooked patty, tomato slice, lettuce leaf, burger and onion slice. Spread 1 tablespoon lime crema on top bun surface.
Serve with additional Raisin Sofrito Ketchup and Garlic Lime Crema. Use Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce for a spicy kick in place of the Sofrito.