Chicken, olives and Chili Cubano combine for an easy slow cooker version of this classic Italian dish.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Slow Cooker
- ⅔ cup Dry white wine
- 32 oz Old Havana Foods Chili Cubano
- 1½ teaspoons Chopped, fresh rosemary
- 3.5 pounds Chicken, bone in, skin removed 3.5 to 4 pounds total
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Flour (2 teaspoons corn starch can be used to make gluten free)
- 2 large Carrots, chopped
- ½ cup Pitted, drained kalamata olives
- ¼ cup Drained capers
- Add white wine, Old Havana Foods Chili Cubano and rosemary to slow cooker vessel, mix to combine.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with flour (or cornstarch). Place chicken into slow cooker and top with some of the Chili Cubano-wine mixture.
- Add carrots, olives and caper on top of chicken. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high heat (or 8 hours on low) until chicken is tender, spooning sauce over chicken every hour.
- Serve chicken with sauce over cooked rice, couscous, pasta or quinoa.