Shrimp Creole (Camarones Enchilados)
Shrimp bathed in a tangy sauce of onions, sweet peppers and tomatoes
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Chili Cubano
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco brand hot sauce (optional - for added heat!)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional - for added heat!)
- 1 pound Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Heat Old Havana Foods Chili Cubano, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce (if using) and cayenne pepper (if using) in a medium stockpot over medium heat.
Meanwhile, cut shrimp in half lengthwise and check that all veins and shells have been removed.
When sauce begins simmering, add shrimp and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until shrimp are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, add parsley if using. Stir to combine. Serve over cooked rice.
The addition of Tabasco(R) or other hot sauce and cayenne pepper is for those who love spice and do not have access to our Zesty Hot Cooking Sauce. We also have a Fiery Shrimp Creole recipe for real heat lovers!
DO NOT use precooked shrimp or they will not absorb the flavor of the sauce and will get tough.