Cuban Roast Pork (Lechon)
Tender roast pork loaded with garlic and citrus flavor!
- 4 pounds Pork shoulder (also called pork butt)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Old Havana Foods Mojo – Citrus Garlic Marinade
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place pork in heavy oven-safe dish with a lid. Pour Old Havana Foods Mojo – Citrus Garlic Marinade over pork. Cover, roast 2 hours.
- Flip meat over. Cover and roast an additional 1½ hours. Uncover, roast ½ hour longer or until tender.
- Spoon fat off liquid in pan and discard. Pull pork apart into large chunks. Toss lightly to coat with sauce.
Serve as is with a side of Old Havana Foods Fully Prepared Black Beans and fried plantains for a traditional Cuban holiday dish!