Cuban Sloppy Joes (Picadillo)
Versatile entree or base for many recipes
- 1 pound Ground meat (beef, pork, lamb or turkey)
- 16 ounces Old Havana Foods Sofrito
- 1/4 cup Pimento stuffed or pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Golden raisins, coarsely chopped (very traditional)
- 2 tablespoons Dry sherry (optional but very traditional)
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat until no longer pink, breaking up pieces with spoon.
- Add Old Havana Foods Sofrito raisins, olives and sherry (if using); stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve on toasted buns or for a truly traditional Cuban lunch serve with white rice, fried plantains and a fried egg.